The COVID-19 investment premium is intended to create an incentive for corporate investments in Austria. The law was passed on July 7th, 2020 in the Austrian National Council.
The investment premium should amount to 7 % of certain new investments and 14 % for new investments in the areas of climate protection, digitalization, health and life science. Existing and newly founded companies of all industries and of all sizes are eligible for funding.
The funding takes the form of a grant.
What will be promoted
Tangible and intangible capitalization of new investments
- in the depreciable fixed assets
- of a company resident in Austria,
- application for this funding between September 1st, 2020 and February 28th, 2021 with first measures taken in this period.
Investments which DO NOT qualify for the premium
- climate-damaging investments (e.g. construction of plants that use fossil fuels directly)
- investment in undeveloped properties
- Financial investments
- Takeovers of companies
- own work capitalized.
The "COVID-19 Investment Bonus" funding program is scheduled to start on September 1st, 2020, and applications can be submitted until February 28th, 2021. A budget of 1 billion Euro is available for the funding program and Austria Wirtschaftsservice GmbH (AWS) is responsible for the implementation. Details are to be worked out in the form of a separate funding guideline.
Vienna, July 2020